As a Director you get the best out of professionals. Together with the RHP team, you formulate and realise the policy and organisational development and you manage the day-to-day business operations of RHP. You know how to value the professionalisation concerning new developments in the world of (horticultural) raw materials and growing media with their related quality requirements and to implement these in a responsible way. You focus on innovations and have an eye for process-oriented work, optimal use of digitization and efficiency. You have knowledge of this (international) market and you maintain a relevant network. With a clear vision from an international scope, you connect the various disciplines and involve your employees.
About the organisation
RHP has been the European knowledge centre for raw materials and growing media (substrates) since 1963. RHP offers worldwide affiliated, certified companies a unique system for quality improvement and assurance for the entire production chain of substrates. RHP is an innovative organisation, consisting of 15 employees, that wants to develop more emphatically within the professional international horticulture. RHP profiles itself as the partner for affiliated companies, branch organisations and other stakeholders.
RHP develops and manages two quality marks RHP and RAG. RHP is known as the world’s most stringent quality mark for raw materials and growing media. The quality mark is awarded to producers of raw materials and growing media if the requirements are demonstrably met. Certified companies have access to RHP's unique knowledge and expertise, aimed at improving the application of growing media. Insight in the properties of raw materials and additives is the basis for an optimal composition of a substrate. RHP-certified growing media ensure an optimal culture.
Partly as a result of the Paris Climate Agreement and the European Commission's Green Deal, the sector is faced with a transition to renewable and circular raw materials. This creates a need for new knowledge for the controlled and safe application of new raw materials and in different compositions. RHP believes that quality and quality assurance play a crucial role in this raw materials transition. RHP has the ambition to set the standard or to be the quality mark of growing media for the European professional market with connections to the production and supply chain of raw materials and additives.
Because the current Director will be fully committed to Responsibly Produced Peat (RPP) in the new year, RHP is looking for a suitable successor to realise RHP's ambitions for the future.
Focus on further development and implementation of vision 2025 in the transition to renewable and circular raw materials
- Together with the Operational Director and the RHP team, you ensure the formulation and realisation of the mission, vision, strategy, core values, business policy, plan and objectives of the RHP foundation.
- Responsible for the overall daily management, optimal organisation and optimisation of the processes.
- Thinks along with the various disciplines, including in the field of R&D and Operations. Knows and understands what is going on and, based on information and insight, manages the development, improvement and further professionalisation of the entire organisation.
- Contributes to further international growth and development of the company.
- Realises the company objectives through good internal analyses, delegates responsibilities and authorities to professionally strong professionals in the RHP team and supervises and monitors the realisation of these with periodic reports and by means of periodic consultations.
- Represents the organisation towards internal and external stakeholders (certified companies, RHP product groups, trade association(s), growers, retail, governments, etc.).
- Is aware of developments that may be relevant to business operations and translates these into policy, objectives and actions.
- Inspires and enthuses the employees, not only through exemplary behavior but also through coaching, guidance and facilitation.
- Reporting to the (Chairman of) Supervisory Board (RvT).
Networker and figurehead with drive, stakeholder management skills and knowledge of (international) agriculture and horticulture
- Academic work and thinking level.
- Proven managerial experience at final responsibility level or clear potential to do so.
- Knowledge of the (inter)national horticultural sector and the associated legislation and regulations.
- Extensive experience in coaching leadership of professionals. Experience in the public/private domain is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in integral management of an organisation. So also knowledge in the field of organisational development, finance, business operations and project and change management.
- Experience with and pleasure in working in a complex and multidisciplinary field with a diversity of stakeholders.
- Skilled in data and affinity with digitization.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Willingness to travel.
- Analytical and strategic level of thinking.
- Thorough sparring partner and able to think critically at a detailed level.
- Results-oriented; honours commitments and expects the same from his/her environment.
- Quality-conscious and customer-oriented with an international orientation.
- Facilitating and cooperative leadership: motivates, facilitates and coaches.
- Building and maintaining relationships, both internally and externally. Understands a complex playing field.
- Powerful and authentic personality with seniority, not linked to age, but as a sign of craftsmanship.
- A real 'people person': smoothly communicating, sensitive, socially skilled and accessible.
- Down to earth, no-nonsense and hands-on.
's-Gravenzande (The Netherlands)